Beware of the "demon barber of Fleet Street" - SWEENEY TODD is slicing not only hot pies in the West Village, now through February 28th, 2018 at the Barrow Street Theatre. I had not seen Sweeney Todd live before, only since Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter starred as the gruesome twosome on the silver screen 10 years ago (has it really been that long?? ;)). As much as I love both actors in that rendition, I have to say that this new Off-Broadway theatrical version at Barrow Street blew me and Ben away!
This isn't your typical musical. The theatre at Barrow Street has been completely converted into a replica of famous London pie & mash shop, Harringtons - giving the immersive musical some extra authentic flavor. Yes, the show is immersive - and that is all I am going to say. :) Prior to each show, chef Bill Yosses (former White House executive Pastry Chef - now owner of Perfect Pie, LIC) serves guests special meat or veggie pie & mash up to 30 minutes prior to showtime. Note, you must order tickets *including pre-show pie & mash (with a drink) in order to partake - but I urge you to do so, because they are delish (Yosses used to serve the president!) and having pie makes the experience that much more a riot.
Pies by Bill Yosses!
It's pretty exciting to be served by an ex-presidential chef, imho! The pies are yummy and the pie shop doubles as the shows set! Go for both, thank me later. Sorry - no eels. :)
MORE HOT PIES! Did I mention how incredible this show is?! If you can be in NYC anytime between now and the end of February, GO SEE THIS SHOW! ** There's a daily ticket lottery, BTW** It is a creepy and wonderful joy (opposites attract), and it could also make for a really great date - bonus, for Halloween or Valentines.
K. Now onto What I Wore - I love to dress for a theme, you know. ;)
CLOTHES + ACCESSORIES:
- Blouse - Nasty Gal - no one can beat their styles and prices right now
- Black harness strappy bralette - F21 - hands-down best shop price/value for this trend
- Skinny leather pant - Rag+Bone
- Magic mermaid clutch/pouch - Style Lab by way of Paper Source
- Boots - SHEIN
- Eyeshadow - Top lids used Urban Decay Moondust Palette - Galaxy shade; Red bottom winged outer corners used NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette Brights - Red eyeshadow; Inner corners used Sephora Collection Colorful Shadow & Liner (jumbo) - #18 Silver Glitter.
- Cheek color - Mary Kay limited edition Baked Cheek Powder in Kind Heart - it is a blush + highlighter - proceeds benefit women's shelters and those effected by domestic abuse.
- Highlighter (just to mix it up ;)) TrèStiQ Perfect Multipurpose Highlight Stick.
- Lipstick - MAC - Stone
What are you being for Halloween, BTW? As always, I love to read and respond to your comments. Thanks for stopping in!
All photos by Lauren A. Oosterlinck + Ben Edwards ©2017 ShesLaurenAshley