A mysterious invitation to a 007-themed (immersive) performance in Tribeca gave Ben and I the perfect excuse to get dressed-to-impress on a recent Sunday night.
I don't often have a reason to wear this liquid-metal-fringe almost-1920's-style dress out, so we played with photos on the somewhat subdued Sunday evening streets of Soho prior to showtime. It was a wonder I was able to walk all that way (blister-free), and throughout the evening, in these sky-high stilettos - well worth a bit of pain (thankfully, no sky-fall - hint).
The show, which is on a brief run until November 19th, is called Shaken Not Stirred: The Music of James Bond. Underground den of varieties, The Django, downstairs inside of The Roxy Hotel, not only exudes a vibe that'll make you crave a shaken martini, but serves as a scenic, stylish setting for a night of spies and intrigue. The performers will have you out of your seat, one way or another, so I wouldn't recommend going unless you enjoy an immersive zing to your theatre-going experience (think, a more tamed Queen of the Night - may she RIP).
What I'm Wearing:
- Fringe Detailed Maxi Dress by Venus
- Lace-up Braided Strappy Stilettos from SHEIN
- Earrings - Pavé Droplet Ear Crawlers + Ear jackets by BAUBLEBAR
- Statement necklace from Macys (they have some excellent deals/selection during the holidays ;))
- Square Alexandrite "Bling" ring by VERAMEAT
- Silver glitter barrette from ban.do
All photos by Lauren A. Oosterlinck + Ben Edwards ©2017 ShesLaurenAshley